Sunday, December 13, 2009

Things I LOVE in Kaz

Sometimes my frustrating days are the most interesting, so I often write about those stories. However, I don't want anyone to think I'm not enjoying it here. Despite the fact that I'm still settling in and getting used to things, there are definitely an abundance of positive things going on. I decided to make a list of all the things I love about my new life. Here goes:

I love that I am learning another language.

I love that I have variety and flexibility in my job – teaching vocal lessons, teaching English, students of all ages (5-23).

I love that I get to work with youth!

I love that I can wear the same outfit the entire week and nobody cares

I love that I get to walk to and from work

I love that I’m building skills to deal with new problems and getting training in patience and flexibility

I love that my work schedule is so laid back

I love that I have a long enough lunch break to walk home and enjoy a home-cooked meal

I love that they drink chai AT least four times a day here

I love that chai is so much more than tea – the conversations are great and it’s so relaxing to sit and talk while sipping a hot cup of chai

I love that I have great co-workers

I love my host family

I love that I get to learn about another culture

I love that I will have some amazing answers for interview questions in two years

I love having a younger brother – the power I feel after being the youngest for 22 years!

I love that I have great site mates

I love that I have time to explore new (or existing) hobbies: guitar, piano, reading, cooking, drinking chai

I love that I have internet in my room now, and I can web chat with my parents and friends

I love that I’m fulfilling my dream of volunteering in another country

No comments:

Post a Comment